Zipline Tours >
Koloa Kauai Longest Zipline Course
Ever wonder what it must be like for Superman as he soars high in the air? Did you know it’s a view you, too, can enjoy? With Koloa Zipline’s premier zipline tour, you can finally find out what it’s like to fly over the stunning landscapes of Kauai on Hawaii’s original headfirst zipline!
Koloa Zipline isn’t your average course on Kauai; this excursion takes you down eight thrilling lines, including three of the longest on the island! Each line, from the moment you step off the platform, features its own exciting view of the Garden Isle.
The 3.5-hour tour is a breathtaking experience from start to finish. For visitors who aren’t used to ziplining, the tour starts off with a fun learning session to ensure everyone is comfortable before strapping in for the real deal. The Ground School gets you familiar with the equipment and teaches you how to handle the harness and handlebar pulleys so you can relax and truly enjoy the experience.
Want to get fancy down each of the eight lines, including the half-mile-long Waita line? The Ground School shows you how to perform zipline “aerobatics” in Koloa Zipline’s Flyin’ Kauaian harness. The specially-made harness lets you soar hands-free like a superhero, and in many other exciting positions for a safe ride that’s sure to get your adrenaline pumping!
No matter how you decide to enjoy this thrill ride, you do it against the backdrop of the stunning South Shore of Kauai. When you launch from the first platform, you head toward the 22,000 acres of the first sugar plantation in Hawaii. It’s a bit of history mixed in with the high-flying excitement that shows just how important Kauai was in the history of the Hawaiian Islands.
Want to experience ziplining with someone close to you? Koloa Zipline is the only place on Kauai with tandem ziplining. So long as you weigh less than 280 pounds total, you can strap in, one in front of the other, and create a memory you'll never forget.
For an extra-romantic look at Kauai, consider a sunset zipline tour. Launch at dusk, while the sun dips below the island’s uneven landscape and gives way to a breathtaking purple and red sky. Though shadows may hide some of the island’s features, the sunset zip is a must-try experience for all visitors to Kauai for the mix of serenity and exhilaration that it offers!
Know Before You Book
- Koloa Zipline operates 6 days a week - Closed on Sundays. Rain or shine we still zipline.
- Times are seasonal and may change slightly. Check the booking calendar for current availability.
- Check-in at our retail store in KOLOA 30 minutes before your scheduled tour time. From there, you will be given directions to drive to the base yard where you will be outfitted with your gear and begin your adventure.
- Tour consists of 8 ziplines. Guests receive locally made snacks from Anahola Granola, Juice, and water. Please be aware of food allergies and/or sensitivities.
- Tours are limited to 12 guests to ensure personal attention. During peak season please make your reservations in advance to assure your space.
- Shirts with sleeves (tank tops are not recommended).
- Knee length shorts or pants.
- Jacket to be on the safe side (optional but best to bring).
- Sturdy closed toe shoes are required. Sneakers and boots are ideal. Slip-ons like Crocs are not allowed.
- Guests can bring a backpack for personal items (camera, water etc..). Affordable, lightweight packs are available for purchase upon check-in. All guests are responsible for the items they bring on the tour.
- Camera and Video cameras (we are not responsible for lost or damaged personal items)
- Koloa Zipline, 3477A Weliweli Rd. Koloa, HI 96756
Frequently Asked Questions
Children under 7 are not allowed to ride with us. The maximum weight limit of 280 lbs and the minimum is 100 lbs.
Our tour is also not suitable if you are pregnant, have had surgery within the last 3 months, or have back, neck, or knee injuries.
All participants must wear closed toe water friendly footwear. No flip flops.
Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian 18 or older.
Those with heart conditions and severe allergies are also not recommended to attend.
- Closed toe water friendly footwear. Crocs and water shoes are not recommended. “Fashion” hiking boots or tennis shoes with platform soles are also not recommended. Sturdy shoes that support the ankle and have a closed toe are the safest shoes for our activity.
- T-shirts or long sleeve shirts and pants or longer shorts. Tank tops and short-shorts are NOT recommended
- Do not wear flip-flops, no open toed shoes of any kind
We recommend bringing bug spray, sunscreen, cameras and water.
We are not responsible for lost or damaged items.
For parties of 6 or less there is a 24 hour cancellation period.
Parties of 7 or more are subject to a 48 hour cancellation period.
Parties of 10 or more are subject to a 72 hour cancellation period.
No charge will be incurred for cancellations made outside of the cancellation periods. Any cancellations made INSIDE of the cancellation period will incur a 50% charge of the individual tour price. “No Shows” at tour time will incur a 100% charge of the individual tour price. No refunds will be issued once the tour has commenced. Likewise, no refunds will be issued for participants that do not complete the tour. Keep in mind that rain or shine we still zipline!
All information collected through areas such as product orders, requests for information, feedback, or registrations is not shared with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your transaction.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to zipline.
- Minimum age of participants is 7 years old. Children between 7-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For the safety of our guides and guests, all participants must weigh less than 280 lbs. The tandem zipline weight cannot exceed a combined weight of 280 lbs. Those who fall outside the weight range will not be allowed to ride.
- Tour is not recommended for people with heart conditions and recent bone/joint injuries or back issues.
- Guests with bee allergies should bring their Epi-pens if needed
- All minors must be accompanied on tour by a parent or legal guardian.