Zipline Tours >
Kauai ATV Backroads Adventure Tour
The region of Koloa on the island of Kauai is full of beautiful things to see and experience. Vibrant, emerald green landscapes stretch as far as the eye can see, but sometimes it’s the things you can’t see from a distance that truly delight.
The 3-hour tour cruises across Koloa on a 15-mile journey across off-road trails that provide unimpeded, 360-degree views of the island’s beauty. Drive through what seems like a never-ending expanse of jungle, passing sites scattered along the way that give you a fascinating look into Koloa’s rich history.
Your tour starts with a drive through some instantly-recognizable movie sets and continues along until you arrive at the mouth of a hidden tunnel. What awaits inside? Press on and find out! There's so much to see and enjoy on this four-wheeled journey, especially as you come across the Koloa Sugar Mill. Watch as history unfolds along the ride, especially as you roll into Kahili Ridge and pass the World War II bunker.
With options available for two, three, or four people, the Kauai Backroads ATV Adventure Tour is a fantastic adventure to enjoy with family and friends.
Your Polaris all-terrain vehicle, an open air four-wheeler, is a sweet ride. With no windshield, you enjoy the fresh tropical air as you take in the beautiful ocean views.
This tour isn’t just about the destination. It’s about enjoying the journey to get there! You'll visit famous filming locations, Wilcox Tunnel, and all the natural beauty of the Waita Reservoir. Experience the fun of catch and release fishing with traditional bamboo poles.
File this tour under “Things You’ll Never Forget,” especially if you have a waterproof camera or smartphone and take lots of photos of every historic and beautiful sight on the tour. Beverages and locally-made granola are included on the three-hour Kauai off-road ATV tour.
Know Before You Book
- Please reserve well in advance as tours can sell out weeks in advance.
- No back, neck, knee injuries, allergies to bees or dust, pregnancies, or recent surgeries.
- Age limit to drive is 18 with valid driver’s license or permit.
- Minors must be accompanied by adult 25 or older.
There is no smoking or alcohol consumption during the tour. Guests who arrive intoxicated will be prohibited from participating in the tour.
- Kauai ATV, 3477A Weliweli Rd, Koloa, HI 96756
Frequently Asked Questions
Drivers must be 18 years old with valid driver’s license. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 25 years of age or older.
Any guest within a party who wants to drive must bring a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum age for a rider is 5 years old.
- Weight limit is 320lbs per person.
No guests with back problems, recent surgeries, bone/joint problems, or heart conditions. No pregnancies.
We can accommodate guests with wheelchairs.
- Towels for after the tour
- Bug spray
- Wear clothes that can get dirty
- Closed-toe shoes. No flip flops. No exceptions.
- Collateral for rental vehicles (Credit card, one per party)
- Do not bring irreplaceable/expensive items
- We are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
- For parties of 1-6 there is a 24 hour cancellation period.
- Parties of 7-10 are subject to a 48 hour cancellation period.
- Parties of 11-20 are subject to a 72 hour cancellation period.
- Parties of 21+ are subject to a 7 day cancellation period.
- No charge will be incurred for cancellations made outside of the cancellation periods. Any cancellations made INSIDE of the cancellation period will incur a 50% charge of the individual tour price. “No Shows” at tour time will incur a 100% charge of the individual tour price. No refunds will be issued once the tour has commenced.
All information collected through areas such as product orders, requests for information, feedback, or registrations is not shared with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete your transaction.
- Guests with back, neck, knee injuries, allergies to bees or dust or recent surgeries are not allowed on the ATV tour
- Pregnant guests are not allowed on the ATV tour
- Weight limit 320 lbs
- Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted at any time during the tour. Guests who arrive intoxicated will be prohibited from participating in the tour.