Kohala Zipline Canopy Tour
The Kohala Canopy Adventure combines many aspects of the region into one day full of unforgettable experiences that takes you high above the island floor.
100% Refund Policy
Kohala Zipline’s 24 hr. cancellation policy for parties of 4 or less, and 48 hr. cancellation/change policy for parties of 5 or more will recieve a FULL Refund. Cancellations within the cancellation period and “no-shows” will be charged the FULL AMOUNT of the tour.
I understand that every person in my party will need to sign a participation agreement prior to ziplining. I also confirm that everyone in my party is at least 8 years old and weighs between 70 and 270 lbs.
How much hiking do we do?
There are two short hikes on this tour. The first one is less than 150 yards, the second is about 500 yards.
Is there elevation gain?
Both hikes do have short ascents and descents. The first hike elevation gain is approxmately 90’, the second hike elevation gain is approximately 50’.
On the northwestern edge of The Big Island, the area of Kohala pulls no punched when it comes to promising an experience packed with thrills and fun. The Kohala Canopy Adventure combines many aspects of the region into one day full of unforgettable experiences that takes you high above the island floor.
- 3 hour adventure on 9 Ziplines
- 2.75 hours of Ziplines
- Zipline Speeds up to 45 mph
- Cruise through the jungle in an off-road vehicle
- Complimentary treat of local macadamia nuts, trail bars, and fruit snacks
- Rain wear, water, snack, all safety gear included
- Enjoy a complimentary treat of local macadamia nuts, trail bars, and fruit snacks
- Zip, trek & rappel through a sustainably built aerial trekking course
- Experience the thrill of flying from tree to tree and reaching speeds up to 45 MPH while taking in the beauty of the forest canopy
- Tree to Tree zipping means no walking up and down stairs in between zips
- Enjoy majestic views of the Kohala Coast, the Island of Maui, and ancient Hawaiian agriculture systems from centuries ago
- Take a fun off-road drive in one of our 6 wheel drive Pinzgauers to the top of our course.
- We comply with the highest level of safety standards set by the industry
4.7/5 Big Island Zipline Canopy
By the time you’re done with Kohala’s Canopy Adventure, you’ll have a clear understanding of the word “exhilaration” while having been put in tune with the adventurer deep within you. Over a series of different thrilling activities, you’ll enjoy expansive views of The Big Island’s beauty, heart-pounding thrill-rides, and an intuitive look at the wondrous nature that makes up the amazing facets of Hawaii’s main island.
Taking Over the Canopies
What awaits above the canopies of The Big Island’s thick forestry? You’ll be surprised to find that a whole world of fun and adventure can be had high above the ground, amidst the dense treetops of Hawaii’s rich, green jungle.
The Kohala Canopy Adventure is bursting with activities ideal for travelers of all ages. Your experience starts with a trek through a private nature preserve, which plays host to this sustainable aerial course. You’ll take an off-road 6-wheeler to the start of these experience, where you’ll anxiously await access to the high-flying course. In the meantime, you’ll get the chance to see the beauty of Hawaii up close. Various forms of plant life, bursting with color, lines this incredible nature reserve.
As beautiful as it all is, the thrills are in the air, and that’s where you’ll spend most of your time. A series of 5 sky bridges will take you throughout the canopies while a rappel serves as your access back down to the ground. From your vantage point, the awe of Kohala Coast is in full view, as is the Island of Maui in the midst of the Pacific.
Along with the sky bridges, you’ll also have access to 9 different zipline courses.
A Tree-to-Tree Zip
From one tree to the next, you’ll zip across Kohala’s canopies, zooming through a series of lines without having to climb down and back up a platform to the next course. As you speed along at up to 45 mph, you’ll be privy to unforgettable views of The Big Island, including remnants of Hawaii’s agriculture systems from long, long ago.
It’s difficult to not get lost in the expanse of beauty that fills your vision, and thanks to our extremely safe and modernized zipline system, you’ll be able to enjoy it without having to concern yourself with speed regulation or braking.
Know before you book:
- Participants must be at least 8 years old.
- Weigh between 70 and 270 lbs. Participants will be weighed at check-in.
- Must be able to walk over uneven terrain and handle one short walk up about 25 stairs. This tour is not expectant mothers.
- Guests must wear closed-toe walking shoes. Pants, Capri's, or knee length shorts are recommended.